This weekend, the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey was due to take place but had to be cancelled in its usual formThe good news is that the organisers of the event have replaced it with a virtual event called Prudential My RideLondon. Similar to the 2.6 Challenge back in April, which was in place of the 40th London Marathon on the 26th, Prudential My RideLondon is taking place this weekend and is a challenge for cyclists to complete a challenge in the Freecycle, 19 mile, 46 mile or 100 mile events. As a part of the national effort to Save the UK’s Charites, the event is a bid to keep essential fundraising going that has otherwise been halted due to COVID-19.
You can find more information in the newsletter today.
We appreciate that with the way things are currently, not everyone is able to give or be involved as before. We just appreciate how much support we’ve had and hope we can involve more people in a fun and active way.
If you are keen to take part the steps are so simple:
- Head to myridelondon.co.uk and choose the event you would like to be a part of. Please read the safety guidance around the event.
- Set up a fundraising page with Virgin Money Giving using the this link to take you straight to Pecan’s set up page where you select the event you are registered for.
- Set up a page and set your own target.
- Download the My Prudential Ride London App on Google Play or Apple Store, available from Tuesday 11 August, and track your event as you go. You can share this so friends and supporters can tack your progress live. At the end, take a selfie and your photo will be superimposed on the Mall, like you had just done the actual race circuit.
- Complete your challenge on the weekend of the 15th -16th August and share with your friends and family and on social media using #MyPRL hashtag and tag Pecan or the project, eg. Southwark Foodbank, that you are supporting on whatever platform you use. I can supply the necessary links.
As if the chance to do some good for charity and get out cycling wasn’t enough incentive, the organisers have also included the opportunity for participants over 18 who sign up to raise money using Virgin Money Giving specifically, to win a selection of prizes.
If you would like to take part, let us know by emailing [email protected] so that we can support you as much as we can!