Want to volunteer as a corporate team?
The Southwark Foodbank relies on the support of people from all over our community to volunteer to help us provide our service.
We regularly have enquiries for corporate teams to spend some time volunteering with us, once-off or regularly.
This is how you can get involved as a corporate team:
- Supermarket collections – We arrange regular collection days at local supermarkets in Southwark. These run from 9am-6pm and volunteer teams come in teams of between 3-5 people per shift, more if in a larger store, and work in shifts of 2-3 hours. The total number of people we usually can take is between 10-15 people for a day per store. The teams greet people as they enter with a shopping list of our urgent needs and receive these donations as people exit the store.Our upcoming dates for supermarket collections are:
- Friday, 4th October 2019
- Friday, 11th October 2019
- Thursday, 17th October 2019
- Thursday, 21st November 2019 – *National Christmas Collection in two supermarkets
- Friday, 22nd November 2019 – *National Christmas Collection two supermarkets
*Due to the importance of this collection in the Foodbank calendar and the number of people needed , we need to confirm volunteers by the first week of November.
If given sufficient notice, we can arrange a collection on a specific day for a team, except during the busy Christmas period. We would need a minimum of 4 weeks notice to do this.
We ask for a donation per volunteer for supermarket collections as this is a fundraising activity for us.
- Warehouse sorting – this happens as and when we need extra hands to help sort food in the warehouse. We have a regular pool of warehouse volunteers and so may have less need. We can arrange. Our Christmas Period runs from November through to January and we will have more need for help sorting Christmas donations in December and January.We ask for a donation per volunteer for warehouse sorting as this is a fundraising activity for us.
- Foodbank Friday – This is a bucket collection that happens on the last Friday of every month at London Bridge Station. We have regular volunteers for Foodbank Fridays and on occasion we will need extra people. This is only suitable for a smaller number of people, maximum 4 people, and can be regular or once-off.
For all corporate enquiries, please email our Partnerships Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.